I'm on week 10 of ABR and it has improved my ROM from when I tested mastery on ABH. I'm unsure whether or not I could pass mastery for 5x60s as this new ROM has highlighted some new weaknesses especially in my glutes.
Do I carry on using ABH as my warm up and continue with ABR or should I go back and repeat a micro cycle of ABH?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
ABH/ABR new ROM
Started by Murray Truelove, December 9, 2013 · 6 Replies · 180 Views
Just for fun, try a mastery test of arch body holds. If you're really at week 10 for ABR, you should still have enough strength to complete it. I've found rocks take about 2 seconds a rep, so you should have been holding an arch for nearly two minutes.
Cheers Bipocni,
I'm sure I'm going to be on ABR for a long time - my form is pretty sloppy. I'm about 2 seconds a rep as well.
In my opinion you should carry on with ABR. I'm sure as one progresses through the course one's form will improve in the previous exercises as you gain strength and open up new ROM. Sometimes you should go back at the beginning but sometimes you should keep moving forward.
Murray Truelove said:Do I carry on using ABH as my warm up and continue with ABR or should I go back and repeat a micro cycle of ABH?
Me personally, I would probably stay with the ABH for one more micro, or at least try a mastery like Bipocni suggested. I don't see any trouble moving on either, so I go back to my stock answer(that i'm seriously debating being in my sig
):
You'll be doing ABH in your WU anyway, so it will be ever fast on your heels. You can go to ABR, see if you're ok with doing them in the first micro. Barring severe damage(mental or physical) all should be well. Just keep focussing on that new ROM in ABH WU as well as your rocks.
If there is severe damage, just revert back to the week 9 micro for however long it takes for said damage to dissipate to moderate discomfort
.
TANSTAAFL said:(that i'm seriously debating being in my sig
)
But then how will people know that you've seen Yuri's meathook?
Bipocni said:But then how will people know that you've seen Yuri's meathook?
Oh, I would just make it an addition to that of course. Obviously that fact needs to be known about me, if nothing else.