This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

training with acdf at c4/5-c5/6

Started by CK BUILD, December 9, 2013 · 3 Replies · 152 Views

CK BUILD

I've had anterior cervical discectomy fusion to 2 levels, surgery was 12 months ago. I suffered the symptoms for 12 months previously to the operation ranging from total disablement of left tricep and pain in index finger along with constant excruciating lactic type pain between the shoulder blades and a constant stabbing pain in the side of the neck. Anyway I was wondering if there was anyone here or in the gymnastic community that has a similar experience and overcome or manages their remaining symptoms while performing the higher level strength progressions. I've committed to the f1/h1 program this week in the hope of balancing my strength and movements and improving my posture. My strength level is further along than the true beginning due to training history and occupation but I was looking to refine just about every physical movement that I make in order to prevent future injury.

So my main quest for now is hearing from or about others with fusion/ disc replacement or even nerve compression at the cervical spine portion in this type of pro-active community.

I have built quite a good physique in the past using simple body weight exercises and was fully converting to btgb months before my injury took hold of my life. I have been waiting patiently for enough mobility and recovery to start a progressive regime and I do believe i've found it in f1-h1, as I'm restricted to progress until I have achieved mobility and strength at a level that is not immediately challenging.

Well that's my introduction to the new and improved gb and I'm genuinely excited to be a part of it.

Jon Douglas

I haven't had that experience but I applaud your taking control of your situation. Welcome aboard :)

Bipocni

Good luck with it all.  I'd be interested to hear how well you're doing a year down the track.

CK BUILD

Thank you for the welcome. I've had a fairly rapid recovery in terms of rom of the injured area. I realise I have major strength imbalances due to previous training techniques and attitude towards what I felt I needed for competition (mma).I find I have more difficulty with the mobility portion which doesn't surprise me at all, which is one of the reasons I want to start at the beginning. I thought I'd start at the beginning and maybe later start testing mastery of higher levels once my confidence improves.