Hi!
What do you think about doing some building after a foundation session, like ring flyes 3 sets x12 reps?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Shaolintobbe, December 9, 2013 · 3 Replies · 222 Views
Hi!
What do you think about doing some building after a foundation session, like ring flyes 3 sets x12 reps?
As long as it's not interfering with your Foundation work, and the exercises are not to failure or out of your range, it's fine. However, I would bring it down in reps. Maybe 3x8
Just the other day I doubled up on the reps for korean dips, did 5x10, plus a bunch of pushups/ PPP for warming up. I have to say that it really ate into my recovery, so the next couple of workouts weren't optimal. However, if you can handle the extra volume, I'd say go for it.
Shaolintobbe said:Hi!
What do you think about doing some building after a foundation session, like ring flyes 3 sets x12 reps?
I don't know what your previous experience with rings are but If you want to play around (above) the rings, I would start to do support holds (rings turned out) build up to 5x30 sec. If you do start, also add prehab work especially rotator cuff stuff.