This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Only one side of lower back gets worked

Started by Samo Azizbekyan, December 7, 2013 · 4 Replies · 237 Views

Samo Azizbekyan

As I work on the Arch Body Hold which is the SL/PE1 in Foundation 1, only the right side of my lower back gets tensed up, and its as if i dont feel the left side got worked at all. I keep my feet together as i raise them and they are always kept together, but the left side doesnt get worked, would anyone have any input on this? It'd be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Kopavski

heh, i noticed this on my BL adv. tuck, 1 side is only activated. 

starling

I noticed this a lot doing arch body rock, making the rock crooked. I focus on squeezing the glute on the side that isn't working, and that  evens it out for me.

IcedDante

I also noticed this on my arch body hold :P

Obviously there are imbalances there but I doubt that only one side is doing the work. Focusing on maximal contraction helps.

spinelli

Film yourself or have somebody check your form, make sure that you're lifting arms and legs to the same height on both side and that you're not favouring on side or the other.
If you are lifting one side higher than the other then you need to actively correct this, over time you will learn then correct activation and everything will be fine.

if you're not and form is good then just continue as you are and eventually you'll strengthen the one side to match the other.
Either way take your time with it and remember for follows function :)