Parallel bars - care of and/or general maintenance

Started by Brisgym, December 7, 2013 · 2 Replies · 4,473 Views

Brisgym

I obtained a set of second hand parallel bars some time ago that are in great condition and I have a quick question about caring for bar section.

 

The bars appear to be made of timber and seem to be in good condition but ever so slightly rough (are splinters a possibility??).

 

Is there something I should do by way of general maintenance for the timber?  I.e. oil, a light sand?  I really have no idea and was looking for some input from someone with a bit of experience in caring for them.

 

Cheers.

Daniel Burnham

no oil that will make them slippery.

 

sand a bit if there are very rough or very smooth spots.

 

Coat with honey, or syrup or whatever sugary sticky substance you like

then coat with chalk until you get your desired amount.

 

I like slightly rough for good grip, but this causes the other guys to tear more easily.

Brisgym

Hi Daniel,

 

Thanks for the helpful response.