Marcel Nguyen Ring Routine 2013 Stuttgart World Cup

Started by Coach Sommer, December 6, 2013 · 11 Replies · 4,538 Views

Coach Sommer

Check out the second strength part in this ring routine by German Olympian Marcel Nguyen.   Now take a moment and try to imagine the strength required to perform a pullup from a dead hang with straight arms. 

 

Interested in building some ring strength of your own?  Get ready!  Rings One is coming in the first quarter of 2014.

 

B1214N

You mean 2014?

xray

2014?

 

Im in Miami now and can't wait for the seminar tomorrow!

Guest

Yes, 2014 or it would have already been out. And very cool Coach! Did you see this? Two butterflies in one routine!

 

Coach Sommer

Balandin is a beast.

 

In my opinion he should have taken the silver medal on rings at the 2012 Olympics.

Guest

Can't wait. :D

Micawberian
Coach Sommer said:

... In my opinion he should have taken the silver medal on rings at the 2012 Olympics.

Coach, can you elaborate more on this opinion? I have read before that you thought Chen Yibing should have won gold, but for clueless people like me; why do you say so?

JN12

Marcel Ngyuen is great! I had the chance to watch him compete earlier this year, it was awesome. It really blowed my mind! 

He also seems to be really funny and laid back. 

 

The commentator is Philipp Boy by the way, another great german ex-gymnast and he's basically saying that Marcel is a powerhouse because he doesn't weigh much and that the routine was really good.

IBGC

Coach Sommer what are the plans for releasing the Rings series?

 

Is it coming out in individual installments like H1 or will it be available for purchase in a series like Foundation series. Also will H2 be available soon?

 

I ask as the father of young children who only gets to spend money on himself at Christmas and his birthday which is early next year ;) 

So I need to plan my spending in advance.

 

I've already bought F1-4 and H1 and love them, can't wait to start using my rings with proper progressions :)

 

Thank you!

mrpraktic

Out of curiosity, is it possible to perform butterfly slowly (something like 10-15 sec up, 10-15 sec down)? All butterflies that I saw were performed very quickly with explosion at bottom.

Prometheus

Man. Going to have to get ready to change my workout routine soon enough!

Prometheus

Oh dang...today I found out Foundation 2 is a prerequisite for Rings 1.... :( Give me another year then.