This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Can F series and H series help scoliosis

Started by LIE, December 6, 2013 · 4 Replies · 214 Views

LIE

My wife want to start with F and H series but i see her have a slight curve scoliosis.

Can this help improve posture?

Thank you

Bipocni
Cu fang said:

Can this help improve posture?

I can't speak as to the scoliosis, but it definitely improves posture.  H1 especially is all about learning how to maintain a correct body line during a handstand, which requires both alignment of the thoracic spine and correct pelvic tilt.  However, the programs are designed to work synergistically.  There is quite a lot of mobility work in F1, and it too reinforces correct body positioning.  I've noticed a dramatic improvement in my posture after training, although it does tend to slip if I take a couple days off.

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on your type of scoliolis, there are 2 types:

 

-genetic predisposition

-muscles imbalance

 

The second one can be threat with correct stretching and mobility and muscles work to restore the balance on the weak sector and restore posture.

the first one is something more problematic and usually is something that you cannot modify. The exercises that usually you do not have to do with scoliosis of type 1 are trunk lateral flexion and trunk rotation to avoid more pressure over disk component of spine.

for a more advanced opinion and to know the nature of your scoliosis listen to a expert.

LIE

guess i'll see a expert.

thank you guys

VegVeg

Hey OP I've got scoliosis and it is a very frustrating situation, I don't think that doing F1 will improve the condition ( assuming she has the same thing as I do, a curve in the spine that is ) 

 

From what I feel it maybe even worsens the imbalance between the right and left side of the body if it is ignored.

 

 

I am still enjoying the program because I just love bodyweight training and believe that eventually we're all gonna make it !

 

 

I'd love someone to prove me wrong about this tho, any tips for us twisted people will be welcomed  B-)

 

 

As for posture I think it is more about paying attention to the bad habits she has and getting used to new ones...