Tried out mastery for HBP PE2 and PE3 and could not believe how tough they were, although I can already do a pretty decent controlled HBP. Is this normal? Anyway, time to build up some endurance!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
I can already do a HBP but PE2 and PE3 are pretty tough
Started by Dan Jeong, December 5, 2013 · 13 Replies · 364 Views
Totally normal. Imagine how many more HBP you will be able to do once you build your endurance up!
How did you struggle on HBP PE2 and PE3 and on which number of sets and reps?
I'm actually sort of surprised that you would struggle on PE2. I would have thought that the strength demands for executing a good HBP would make that one a snap. Now PE3 on the other hand, man that one's a killer.
B1214N said:How did you struggle on HBP PE2 and PE3 and on which number of sets and reps?
both at set 4 and 5. I use 5 lbs dumbbell for my mobility exercise. Am I using too much weight?
IcedDante said:I'm actually sort of surprised that you would struggle on PE2. I would have thought that the strength demands for executing a good HBP would make that one a snap. Now PE3 on the other hand, man that one's a killer.
as odd may be it sound, I find PE3 to be easier than PE2. This might be because I have been training for planche for a long time. But I never really did any endurance type exercise so that might be the reason why PE2 was not so easy for me.
Well, I'm not an expert here, and maybe there is some sort of precedent for PE3 being easier than PE2, but I'm pretty suspicious of that. It's very easy to cheat on PE3, and slight variations can make the exercise much easier so I would strongly suggest you submit a video to the forum to ensure your technique is 100%.
I coasted all the way through PE3 to week 10 before I realized this. I've been correcting my form and now I'm struggling with week 2!!!
Sigh.
Dan Jeong said:both at set 4 and 5. I use 5 lbs dumbbell for my mobility exercise. Am I using too much weight?
I don't think so. Coach said 5-10 lbs is sufficient for most people.
Dan Jeong said:as odd may be it sound, I find PE3 to be easier than PE2. This might be because I have been training for planche for a long time. But I never really did any endurance type exercise so that might be the reason why PE2 was not so easy for me.
This is pretty odd. 15 reps isn't that much endurance though, it's just barely in the endurance range. How far were you leaning in the PE3?
B1214N said:I don't think so. Coach said 5-10 lbs is sufficient for most people.
This is pretty odd. 15 reps isn't that much endurance though, it's just barely in the endurance range. How far were you leaning in the PE3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvlRjpqNKow&feature=youtu.be
can anyone critique my form? I just did both push ups and pseudo push ups.
Push ups look good, but you pike on the PPP, but is that not to hit the wall?
Christian said:Push ups look good, but you pike on the PPP, but is that not to hit the wall?
no that's my attempt to protract my shoulder as much as possible but maybe I am doing it wrong?
On top looks ok, but at the bottom you pike. Your chest hits the floor but not your hips. Sorta looks like it's because of your head being close to the wall though. Looks like you have the strength to not do it like that.
Yes- you are doing it wrong, I'm afraid. It looks like you're bringing your chest to the ground while keeping your hips high. This is almost a completely different movement! Your starting lean looks pretty good though
What position are your feet in for the PPP? It looks like you have them in a standard push up position.