This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Which is first? F1 or H1

Started by fazool, December 5, 2013 · 8 Replies · 198 Views

fazool

Sorry if this question has been ask before, I could not find it in the search function. I just purchased H1. I am on the deload week (week12) of F1. I plan on starting the integrated F1 H1 on the four day template. I have noticed that on two of the work days involve both programs. Which program do you recommend starting first? Also, is there any rest between the two programs? Thanks in advance for your input.

Guest

I normally do Foundation at one time, then Handstand at another (so F1/2 in morning, H1 at night, or vice versa) so I'm rested for HS work and I don't have poor form.

-MR

I think I remember the official recommendation being to do H1 first because it's skill work and you therefore want to be fresh rather than fatigued, but I personally do F1 first in case I have to cut my workout short (I prioritize F1 over H1).

 

I don't usually rest between F1 and H1 because I don't have that much time, but I don't find H1 very taxing anyway since I've been stuck doing headstands for 9 months due to my poor shoulder mobility. If you need to rest though, that's not a problem. A lot of people separate them completely, doing one in the morning and the other in the evening. 

wheezer

H1 first for me. I couldn't imagine doing handstand work unfresh.

 

Actually, yes I can: falling down a lot. :)

Richard Hamilton

Recommendation is to do H1 first but my experience is that I benefit from doing F1 first followed by a pnf stretching session for my upper body. Then later in the day I'll do the H1 mobility work. For now this is ok as I'm on the very early elements but as more strength and balance is required I see myself needing to swap it around again

thecolin

F1 then H1 so my shoulders are really warmed up for the mobility work.

Murray Truelove

I do H1 before F1b.  

Bipocni
-MR said:

.....I've been stuck doing headstands for 9 months due to my poor shoulder mobility.....

Make sure you video yourself.  If you're going to be doing headstands anyway, they may as well be the best damn headstands anyone has ever seen.

-MR
Bipocni said:

Make sure you video yourself.  If you're going to be doing headstands anyway, they may as well be the best damn headstands anyone has ever seen.

Haha, I do them in front of a mirror and have been working on my line quite a bit. The only thing is that turning my head to look at my line while in a handstand can be pretty sketchy :)