This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE3 ROM

Started by Spphysio, December 4, 2013 · 6 Replies · 198 Views

Spphysio

I have a problem with ground Rows. Its impossible for me to touch the ring to the chest even on the first rep. Even though I retract my scapula at the top. However, I am not angled like the athlete in the video.

 

Any ideas?

Christian

Post a vid. How are you doing it?

Joakim Anderson

What if you just stand up and hold the rings toward your chest like the top of the movement, can you do it? If so, you have the ROM but not the strength yet. Just keep working is my advice. I'm guessing you can do it on the incline rows. You could increase the height of the rings again to where you have full ROM, and work your way down over time.

Destiny

Man these are tougher than they look. I can do more pull ups than ground rows. Failed 5x6 this week so gonna have to cycle after the deload :(

 

im using makeshift "rings" though, wonder if it would be slightly easier with the real deal

 

I think aside from me neglecting horizontal pulling, the extra rom probably makes a difference. pulling to your chest is tough. 

Spphysio
Christian said:

Post a vid. How are you doing it?

Will post in the next few days...However I think I found my solution by myself I was flaring my elbows to the side (a little abducted) when I brought my elbows in a more adducted porition (close to my ribs) seemed that I could touch the ring to the chest.

 

The distance between the rings did not allow me to reach chest level. The way I was doing it was looking more like a Bulgarian Row with adducted shoulders. Hope you understand what I mean...

Erik Rissanen

I'm on ground rows as well and I found that there was a bit of a gap in the required strength from PE2 to this one and I also could not quite reach up to the rings when I tried it first. I solved it by moving my heels a little bit towards the rings which makes it a bit easier. After some weeks doing it like that, I was able to do it properly, fully below the rings.

thecolin

PE1 hinge rows is what really helped me. I found that the combination of pulling and abdominal tension carried over really well to upright and ground rows even though the body alignment is completely different.

 

Once I fully retract my arms, really tensing my core is what helps me get the rings to my chest. It's the same tension I feel at the top of a chin-up. At first I was worried that it was causing my body to bend, but I filmed myself and I'm able to keep straight at the same time.

 

If you're struggling with an element, try going back to a previous one and really milking it to see what else you might have missed.