Modified advanced frog stand

Started by Justin Rawley, March 9, 2009 · 3 Replies · 3,063 Views

Justin Rawley

Previously, I had difficulty transitioning into the advanced frog stand because, for whatever reason, I could not get my elbows behind my knees and still keep my arms straight. I have now modified the advanced frog stand to where I can keep my arms straight by moving the contact points to the inside of the arms and the outside of the legs, so that the legs are still touching enough to lend some support. I managed to get into this myself without a spot the second time (when this picture was taken) but I still need to get my shoulders forward without my entire body falling over on my head. I think my hips will come up as a natural consequence of moving the CG forward when I manage it. There's still an issue of balance and I held this for about 20-25 seconds before my feet slowly drifted towards the floor. I tend to error on the side of CG too far back because I'd rather land on my feet than on my face :wink:

big.jpeg?2009030904400724839703

Blairbob

This also is more comfortable than having your knee push right on the bottom of your tricep or elbow.

palmcron
akrajen said:

big.jpeg?2009030904400724839703

This is a beautiful picture! :)

Somehow my legs don't get much friction on the inside of my arms, so I find it harder. But maybe I just have to try it more often.

I think the knees are supposed to be above the triceps, thus not pushing into the elbow or bottom of the triceps.

Justin Rawley
This is a beautiful picture!

Thanks, I've noticed that this coach seems to have a knack for photography and a good sense of composition. I just hand him the camera and the picture always comes out well.