This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Great HBP workout!

Started by Ravn, December 4, 2013 · 15 Replies · 389 Views

Ravn

Hi!

 

For HBP today I did:

 

Warmup:

21 Pushups

10 PPP+

10 Xiaopeng forward @ 5 kg

10 Xiaopeng backward @ 5 kg

 

Work sets:

5x10 Undergrip Korean Dips

 

...and it was still easier than PPP mastery :P

 

Russian dips, you're next!  :icon_twisted:

Christian

Good job!

strme

are you guys doing warm up right before HBP or RC or MN or etc?  i mean ,i doing warm up before i start do something all in once..  than i go FL Sl HBP RC MN etc 

 

anyway.. this is good Ravn :)

Ravn

I do HBP specific warm up immediately before HBP work sets. I'm thinking that the added volume with short rest may add some hypertrophy in the long term. I do pushups and PPP+ with 30 seconds rest, then Xioapengs in one big set, then I put on shoes and a jacket and run to the parallel bars which are 100 meters down the road, and continue the workout. 

-MR

I did something similar for SLS yesterday. I'm going on a 7-day ski mountaineering trip at the end of February, so I was thinking of getting a little more volume into my legs by doing a proper warm up from now on. Here's what it looked like: 

 

21 deck squats

10 skiers

15 cossack squats

10 twisting squats

9 side-to-side squats

5 inside squats

 

Work (rest week): 3 x 1 hawaiian squat with 3 x 5 shoulder bridge leg curls.

 

No rest between any of the warm-up or work sets other than to do the mobility elements. 

 

I was surprised that I could do all of it without any rest. Other than breathing a little harder, it wasn't that bad, though I do have some mild soreness today (still getting over a bad cold).

 

M 

strme

hh i like that you run to finish your workout..  i have something similar..  everywhere something. so i can't make excuses to not training..  :D  also of corse because i am in stress, if i want and i can't.

 

so you do this specific warm up only for HBP right now ,yes?  just because you need to push HBP little more? is this your way?

Ravn
strme said:

hh i like that you run to finish your workout.. i have something similar.. everywhere something. so i can't make excuses to not training.. :D also of corse because i am in stress, if i want and i can't.

so you do this specific warm up only for HBP right now ,yes? just because you need to push HBP little more? is this your way?

No today I did FL, sPL, HBP and RC. I was just a tad extra excited about HBP, and had to tell the world. Hello world! :-)

For every element I do a specific warm-up, like it says in the F1 intro.

Boris Mikael Taube

very strong and good endurance :D but isnt 5*5 mastery for dips ins F series? 

And you say PPPis harder. is that because you will improve lean over time after you mastered PPP?

Im soon finshed with the push ups but in spl im in pe1. isnt it impossible to master PPP with good enough lean before master planche leans?

Ravn
Boris Mikael Taube said:

very strong and good endurance :D but isnt 5*5 mastery for dips ins F series? 

And you say PPPis harder. is that because you will improve lean over time after you mastered PPP?

Im soon finshed with the push ups but in spl im in pe1. isnt it impossible to master PPP with good enough lean before master planche leans?

Yes, 5x5 is mastery, but I have a feeling that the coming HSPU drills in F3 will be tough for me, so I've taken a little extra time to increase the volume on the dips to be well prepared for F3. Apart form that, I just plain enjoy doing Korean Dips, it's a cool movement.

 

About the PPP, I just meant that doing Korean dips at twice the required volume was still a lot easier than doing mastery for PPP. PPP's are downright evil when done right, they set your shoulders on fire  :icon_twisted:

Boris Mikael Taube
Ravn said:

Yes, 5x5 is mastery, but I have a feeling that the coming HSPU drills in F3 will be tough for me, so I've taken a little extra time to increase the volume on the dips to be well prepared for F3. Apart form that, I just plain enjoy doing Korean Dips, it's a cool movement.

 

About the PPP, I just meant that doing Korean dips at twice the required volume was still a lot easier than doing mastery for PPP. PPP's are downright evil when done right, they set your shoulders on fire  :icon_twisted:

Ok, but is it possible to do PPP with good form even if you have not mastered planche leans? 

Sorry for asking twice lol :P

Ravn

Don't really know, to be honest. In theory yes, since Coach has ordered PPP as a PE3 while PL leans are a PE5.

I worked them concurrently and PPP's were still very hard.

Boris Mikael Taube

I will find out soone :D

 

Ravn said:

Don't really know, to be honest. In theory yes, since Coach has ordered PPP as a PE3 while PL leans are a PE5.

I worked them concurrently and PPP's were still very hard.

I will find out sone :P im making progress little by little. I remember when i first bought the F series thought in some week i will mastery on the F1 elements. i was very wrong :)

Jon Douglas

Well done man!

Bipocni
Ravn said:

....Yes, 5x5 is mastery, but I have a feeling that the coming HSPU drills in F3 will be tough for me.....

Can you do tiger handstand pushups?

Ravn
Bipocni said:

Can you do tiger handstand pushups?

No, not yet. Well, I haven't tried... I can do ugly, banana shaped HeSPU freestanding.

Bipocni
Ravn said:

No, not yet. Well, I haven't tried... I can do ugly, banana shaped HeSPU freestanding.

That's a point.  I wonder if the handstand pushups in F3 are going to be freestanding....