This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Manna and Front Lever Adductor Contribution?

Started by dynamo, December 4, 2013 · 6 Replies · 240 Views

dynamo

1.  The legs (feet, knees, inner thighs) are supposed to be together in the manna/PE1 and front lever/PE1.  Is it acceptable for the legs to just be touching or s/ there be a mild or even firm squeeze of the legs together by the adductors (inner thighs).

 

2.  Also, for some reason doing the manna/PE1 my knees want to separate as I try to bring my legs up towards my chest. If this signifies weak adductors are there supplementary exericses I s/ do to help with this or s/ I just practice MN/PE1 more?  A stretch band around my legs works to hold them together, but  I'm not sure I'm doing myself a favor since weaning myself from the band might just put me back at square one if it's adductor strength I'm lacking.  Any thoughts?

wheezer

For both elements, I focus on rotating my quads inward - from the hips - until the knees are in solid contact, rather than squeezing the legs together.

2. I found the same for a period of time. If you persist with the tuck-ups the adductor a will catch up.

kimura

So if the knees separate towards the top, that's not mastery?

wheezer

Correct. The tuck-up is ultimately preparing you for a full leg-lift with your legs together. Otherwise you will have a "straddle manna". :P

Take care of it in PE1, because leg adduction will only get more difficult in the straight legged elements.

kimura

Noted, thank you!

Bipocni

By the way, keeping the knees together for FL/PE2>iM is just so much fun for the hamstrings....

dynamo
wheezer said:

For both elements, I focus on rotating my quads inward - from the hips - until the knees are in solid contact, rather than squeezing the legs together.

2. I found the same for a period of time. If you persist with the tuck-ups the adductor a will catch up.

Thanks for the tip, that helped this morning.