Hi everyone,
Looking for some constructive feedback on my parallel bar swings. As background I am a 37 year old with a couple of years of very basic gymnastics coaching. My shoulder flexibility is not terrible but not fantastic either.
These are my thoughts for what they're worth:
1) I know I am arching too much in backswing and prob piking too much in forward swing too but I'm not exactly sure what should be squeezing to stop it!
2) Unsure about head position during swings.
3) When I am swinging I am pretty sure I am using heel/leg drive too much and not enough shoulders which might be causing the arching and piking. Does this basic swing still require a decent amount of shoulder strength?
4) If I want to go higher should my shoulders move back and forward more to compensate or is that technique incorrect (I feel as if they already move quite a lot just getting past horizontal!)
5) I've heard that you should shrug shoulders as you pass through middle of swing would this make much difference to quality of my swing?
The main reason I videoed was to see how high I could get on the dismount but thought might as well take advantage of all the clever people on here.
Many thanks for anyone who can give me some solutions it is greatly appreciated!
Cheers Ian