Anyone ever experience severe nerve impingement in the shoulder/neck?
I currently have no nerve circulation going into my infraspinatus - external rotation is impossible for me, it's as if the wire got cut to the brain. The strange thing is, I have no pain whatsoever, i'm still able to do all levers, flags, planches, handstands, pulling, pushing, etc. etc.
Due to this, I've had other muscles compensating for this issue resulting in elbow pain and nerve pain going into my wrist and fingers. My subscaps (the front of my shoulder, right above the bicep) are always severely tight and I have to spend a long time doing trigger point therapy, a recent individual suggested that this may be due to my subscaps working harder to keep my shoulder internally rotated?
I've been to 8 physios, and 3 sports doctors, had an EMG, 3 MRIs, and 1 x-ray - still suffering with this injury and it's been 2 years. Currently doing physio twice a week and my therapist is simply digging everywhere in my shoulder and neck since MRIs and EMGs have been stating that I have nerve impingement stemming from my neck. (This issue arised from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu as I was constantly upside down on my neck doing inverted guard and everyone would just drop their weight on my neck and put consistent pressure on me while upside down)
Anyone have any ideas or experience as to what else I can do?
Currently doing trigger point therapy, anti-inflammatory diet, ICF, powerball, rice buckets, nerve flossing, and heat. Will be starting heavy resistance band training on my shoulders which I learned over the weekend today.
I planned on taking a month off to see if it heals, but I just came back from a handstand workshop with Yuri and the shoulder prep done with the resistance bands allowed me to train at 100% with no problems.. but issues with my elbow still remain as they are both irritated at fairly simple movements sometimes. Planning on doing many battle ropes and high volume rope climbs to increase blood flow.
If anyone has any experience or advice, please enlighten me