This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arch body hold, there is hope

Started by kimura, December 2, 2013 · 6 Replies · 330 Views

kimura

Just wanted to post a quick progress video for arch body hold to let those struggling know that there is hope. Unfortunately I don't have a before video to compare it to but I can assure you that my ROM was horrid. I went through weeks 1-8 and was foam rolling my hip flexors almost daily, as well as IT bands and quads. I jumped back to week 1 because I was having a very hard time on week 7 and figured I could use a complete reset, and this is the result. I know I'm not there yet but the progress is extremely encouraging because I have been feeling a little like I've been spinning my wheels, in several areas.

Also, please note that the posters are not mine. Lol.

RJS

Thanks for posting your experience, i am alittle more pumped to go to my session tonight.

Jennifer

You just reminded me that I need to film myself so I can make comparisons.   Good job on the progress.

Adriano Augusto

Very, very well done. Now, that you've quality is when you add quantity! 

 

And yes, there's hope but none without hard work!

 

Keep going!

kimura

Thanks Adriano! Definitely very motivated to keep pushing hard on this PE.

And I'm glad my post could fire someone up a bit, I was definitely fired up!

IcedDante

Good post. I finally made it to week 9(!) and I have to say, once I stood up from doing that volume I felt like my lower back was totally jacked and pumped up. I actually went to go check it out in the mirror and, no, it doesn't look like anything special because it's your lower back, but the feeling was good nonetheless, lol. Felt like the muscles around my spine were made of steel!

kimura

Ha, I have done the same thing after an ABH workout... I do notice a difference in my erectors though!

It's a weird thing to reach a new "level" in an exercise, something that was difficult to me even just last workout suddenly clicks and I can hold it much more easily. It's so much fun