This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Russian Dips PE11/PE12 Subs

Started by Guest, December 2, 2013 · 4 Replies · 369 Views

Guest

As of now, I should be on Russian Dips by Tuesday of this week. However, I do not have access to parallel bars :( I've been searching around parks for quite awhile for them, yet nothing arises...

 

If you would be so kind to critique my plans of action, it would be much appreicated!

 

A) Go straight to PE13 and continue progressing until I can find a pair of parallel bars or something similar

 

B) Use a straight bar to go from high pullup bent arm hang to single bar dip, repeat for reps OR use my dip bars on my power station to do this: support to bottom of dip, down to bent arm hang, transition back to bottom of dip, top of dip, repeat. (See attached video for visual representation).

 

Thanks again guys!!

 

 

 

jaz

I own the same station as you and I can execute Russian dips without a problem using the armrests, give it a try ;)

MT Nordic

Wanted to bump this.  I skipped russian dips because i don't have parallel bars and haven't been able to find a good substitute for this element.  I Have now gotten to where ring dips are quite easy.  I may just go into bulgarian ring dips, but wanted to see if anyone has any creative ideas for equipment for russian dips.  I've searched high and low around my small town for any railings or playground equipment that might work, to no avail.  I think I'll have to buy a couple fence rails, and maybe mount them on a sawhorse or something.  

B1214N

Just do a half MU transition to dip on rings or a single bar.

MT Nordic

that sounds hard! I'll give it a try, though.