20 hanging leg raises - impossible?

Started by katlinchen, December 1, 2013 · 2 Replies · 5,173 Views

katlinchen

Hello!

I am a 20 year old girl from Austria, basically doing acrobatics and not gymnastics, that's why I have a huge lack in strength!

I want to switch my gym and for the test in June 2014 I need to be able to do 20 hanging leg raises, feet completely to the bar and I need to climb a 3m rope in a pike position, so hands only.

I can currently master about 12 hanging leg raises to vertical (90 degree angle) and I can do 2 pull-ups and 4-5 chin ups.

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to reach that amount of strength in 6 months? 
And can you give me a training shedule I can stick to?

I train acro 3 times a week for two hours, but we do very little conditioning, mostly flexibility and skills!
I have no idea about what to do, but we have a pull up bar and a rope in our garden!

I would appreciate any kind of help!

Thanks in advance!

Coach Sommer

If you train hard, these should be easily attainable goals by June.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

Lots and lots of rope climbing. Sit in straddle and L off ground, pull off ground. Repeat.