This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hinge Row Question

Started by Guest, December 1, 2013 · 9 Replies · 399 Views

Guest

Hi all,

 

I use to do this exercise with my glutes on the ground but realised that this was incorrect. I am currently struggling with the hinge part, I'm never able to sit up straight. Today I sat a little further from the rings then usual and was able to hinge easily. Could the sitting position be something to be aware of?

 

Thanks in advance. 

wheezer

I'm the same, I find it difficult to get that 90-degree pike in the hips.

 

It helps if I change the direction of the pull when I'm halfway up. In the bottom position, I pull towards my chest. Once I'm halfway up, I change the pull direction towards my hips. This seems to free something up to make that last bit of pike easier.

 

When I finally master RC/PE1, I might cry more than I did at my wedding.

Guest

Thanks for your help, I will try that next workout:)

Bipocni

I always begin my sets at the top, so that I'm in a good position before I start pulling.

TANSTAAFL

Yeah, to me the main aspect that effects this seems to be how far behind the rings you are. I start at the top as stated above and use a little rubber lid gripper to place my heels on(to prevent slippage) then scoot back enough to get to 90.

Kasper Stangerup

I find that when you do them with the feet able to slide, the top part of the pull becomes almost equivalent to RC/PE 6 since I often end in an L-hang just over the floor. On the one hand that makes it a quite strenous excercise that will take a long time to master (I've been at it since May and am now on 5x12), but on the other hand, I feel that it prepares me very well for the later elements. 

Jennifer

Oh!  Let the feel slide or not slide?  That is the question.    I'm very interested to know now. 

Jon Douglas

Not slide :)

Kasper Stangerup

 

Not slide

Aha! Then it looks like I will be progressing after the next deload.

Jon Douglas
Kasper Stangerup said:

Aha! Then it looks like I will be progressing after the next deload.

Overpreparing never hurt :)