This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Some questions and a bonus pic (wrists,HBR,PPP,RC6,)

Started by VegVeg, December 1, 2013 · 10 Replies · 380 Views

VegVeg
 

Hey all, I am about to shoot out some questions!

 

 

 

1. How long does it take you to finish a Hollow body rock set of 60 reps?? I just did 48 today and they took me like 90 seconds, perhaps I am doing it wrong?

 

 

2. My left arm wrists are HATING anything that has to do with planche leans (planche leans and PPP), I am suspecting the due to my scoliosis I am straining the left arm much more than the right one... Perhaps I should just work with palms backward? I can already do a back lever so I guess the biceps won't die on me here and if this continues it would be impossible for me to continue working PL,maybe I should just proceed to the other progressions which strain the wrists less and come back to master the leans afterwards ??

 

3. And speaking of PPP,in some reps I feel my legs being lifted up to the air and other reps I feel like I am no longer in a lean, are you experiencing the same thing?

Maybe my hands should be a bit in front of the hips? ( looks like that in the video )

 

4. RC6 sucks.

I've been doing it for like 4 months,can barely finish 36x5 and failed 48x4, it also feels like only my right arm is working during this exercise probably because of my scoliosis , any suggestions on how to beat that? :(

 

 

 

 

May any answer that is given here bless you.

 

 

 

 

Cats are awesome, may we all be blessed with body and movement control like them. 

 

big-savannah-cat-10.jpg
Bipocni
VegVeg said:

Cats are awesome, may we all be blessed with body and movement control like them.

I think I would like coming back as a cat.

howens

Specifically that cat.

jwalker497

Who is that in the pic?

Christian

I think what we can learn from this post is that you don't want to post pictures of cats if you want a reply on something :-)

Bipocni

Oh that's right, OP asked a question didn't he...

VegVeg

That is a Savannah cat my friends, and as soon as I get my own apartment + decent salary I am buying that beast.

 

This thread is now about cats.

Bipocni
VegVeg said:

That is a Savannah cat my friends, and as soon as I get my own apartment + decent salary I am buying that beast.

 

This thread is now about cats.

First generation costs 10 grand.  Good luck with that one....

 

I definitely want one myself though.  Apart from the fact they have the highest vertical leap of any domestic cat, they have just the coolest ears.

 

savannah-cat-396.jpg

Bro'

Why would you want a cat with the highest vertical leap? They can do enough mischief with a 'limited' vertical leap.  :P

Robmob
VegVeg said:

 

 
Hey all, I am about to shoot out some questions!
 
 
 
1. How long does it take you to finish a Hollow body rock set of 60 reps?? I just did 48 today and they took me like 90 seconds, perhaps I am doing it wrong?
 
 
2. My left arm wrists are HATING anything that has to do with planche leans (planche leans and PPP), I am suspecting the due to my scoliosis I am straining the left arm much more than the right one... Perhaps I should just work with palms backward? I can already do a back lever so I guess the biceps won't die on me here and if this continues it would be impossible for me to continue working PL,maybe I should just proceed to the other progressions which strain the wrists less and come back to master the leans afterwards ??
 
3. And speaking of PPP,in some reps I feel my legs being lifted up to the air and other reps I feel like I am no longer in a lean, are you experiencing the same thing?
Maybe my hands should be a bit in front of the hips? ( looks like that in the video )
 
4. RC6 sucks.
I've been doing it for like 4 months,can barely finish 36x5 and failed 48x4, it also feels like only my right arm is working during this exercise probably because of my scoliosis , any suggestions on how to beat that? :(
 
 
 
 
May any answer that is given here bless you.
 

I love the way you guys just completely ignored vegveg here. 

 

1.Yeah thats normal, theres a reason you need to be able to do 60 seconds before you start the rocks. But yeah dont stress it, it will result in more strength.

 

2.Id love to tell you what to do but I dont see myself qualified enough. I would strengthen the wrists, there is a lot of it in H1. Try out the other hand positions, if you feel any sharp pains or anything, stop on sight.

 

3. I would need to see it to understand properly, because what you make it sound like is that your actually doing a Planche lean, go down, get into a bent arm planche and then pushup again. 

In terms of the lean disappearing, i know it well since i use a little furniture slider which is on wheels, not a lot you can do about it. Just try to hold the position by pushing down with your feet and holding with your lats.

 

4. TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! I hate that exercise. I even made a thread complaining (look into my posts) called Why so much endurance? There aint a lot you can do about it, i recommend beta alanine,creatine or just a preworkout shake. Make sure you eat plenty of carbs and that your rested. If your concerned that one arm is doing all the work, lean over to the other side, over a couple of weeks it should balance out. Youre just gonna have to "suck it up" with this one.

Bipocni
Robmob said:

I love the way you guys just completely ignored vegveg here. 

Hey, he posted a picture of a cat.  As far as I'm concerned, he's fair game.  :icon_twisted: