This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Programming around a sport

Started by Rydo, December 1, 2013 · 1 Replies · 107 Views

Rydo

What is the best way to program doing F1 and H1 around my sport (football/soccer)?

 

I was planning on doing the 4 day integrated split which is F1 Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri with the H1 work on Tue/Thu but I have football training on tuesdays, thursdays and a game on saturdays.

 

Should I just leave it as it where Tue/Thu have F1,H1 and Sports training, or the other option I was thinking about was moving the H1 forward a day so it would be on Mon/Wed?

 

Basically, which of the following split looks the best;

Mon- F1/H1

Tue- F1/Sport

Wed- H1

Thu- F1/Sport

Fri- F1

Sat- Sport

Sun- OFF

 

Or

 

Mon-F1

Tue-F1/H1/Sport

Wed-OFF

Thu-F1/H1/Sport

Fri-F1

Sat-Sport

Sun-OFF

 

 

john_c

Since football is predominantly a leg sport  I would do the 2nd split ie MN/SL/SLS on the Tues & Thurs and the 1st split  ie FL/sPL/HPB/RC on Mon & Fri together with H1 so you have Wed and Sun off and a days rest in between all the leg work.

 

I play 5 a side on Tuesdays and run/play football at the weekend and I need to break things up a bit but then I do need my recovery time.

Its probably worth experimenting to see what works for you.