Hey ![]()
I'm considering to swith from tumbling to artistic gymnastic in two years when I move away from home. Therefore I've just started doing the execises from "Building the gymnastic body" article, to hopefully reach the planche and the front lever someday. In addition I have been doing some weightlifting in my sparetime for about a half year to increase my strength. So I was wondering if it would be a good or a bad idea to keep doing the squat, deadlift and sich big exercises, if I want to increase my skills as a gymnast. I'm very confused because I have heard a lot of people say that it will make my legs too heavy which is a bad thing for a gymnast. I think it sounds logical, but otherwise, I know that me legs won't grow very much if I'm just doing low reps, and as I see it, the squat and deadlift are too profitable to avoid. I've even heard that it was a requirement to be able to do a 2xBW squat to join the Chinese National team. So I would be happy if someone could give me a usefull answer cuz I'm very new in artistic gymnastic.
Thanks ![]()