Planche lean

Started by Shaolintobbe, November 30, 2013 · 23 Replies · 5,402 Views

Shaolintobbe

Enough lean? Does it look good?

post-5543-0-80638000-1385812276_thumb.jp

DiTi

u need to lean alot more.hands should be around hips level

form is good btw just work on the lean

Guest

What DiTi said. Also, I would suggest changing your hand placement. They should be facing to the side or slighty forward. Backwards puts too much strain on the bicep/elbow for beginners.

Guest

As I said, you are still a beginner with not enough lean, and the strain will probably be too much. Get more lean with hands sideways to 5x30s. Then elevate with hands sideways. Then go back to normal leans with hands backwards, then elevated.

Ravn

Looks pretty good to me. As long as Shaolin listens carefully to his elbows, hands backwards is not necessarily a problem.

Romulo

Looks pretty good to me too.

It's funny how some members being themselves beginners give advice with such an apparent confidence when they should get more experience first...

Guest

Romulo, I am merely stating what others have said in the past. I'm not sure about Shaolintobbe's experience, but where it looks like he is is not advanced enough to have his hands facing backwards. Sorry if I offended you : /

Romulo

No offense taken, but parroting what others said may not always apply.

The amount of lean, as Shaolin stated, is pretty much what Dillon is demonstrating, so not insufficient as you said.

Vincearoo

If we're comparing this for foundation mastery then this is I the wrong forum.

Awareness is right, there should be some more lean. Also, we are not comparing ourselves to Dillon, but rather to the Foundation standards/athlete.

B1214N
Awarenesss said:

Romulo, I am merely stating what others have said in the past. I'm not sure about Shaolintobbe's experience, but where it looks like he is is not advanced enough to have his hands facing backwards. Sorry if I offended you : /

You can tell how advanced someone is by looking at their appearance?  :blink:  :P

 

 

Vincearoo said:

If we're comparing this for foundation mastery then this is I the wrong forum.

Awareness is right, there should be some more lean. Also, we are not comparing ourselves to Dillon, but rather to the Foundation standards/athlete.

Honestly, the lean here looks like the same or slightly more than the one demonstrated in F1. For those who don't have F1, you can still see it in the cover of F1 at the products section. It wouldn't make sense to have the the hands under hips in F1 as that would be too advanced for the F1 level beginner (you would want to get to hips level eventually). The one in F1 is far from hips level or maximum lean and for a good reason.

Guest

Sorry, I think people have misunderstood. Beginner is used for lack of a better term. The fact that he is training planche leans to me means that he is not to the level in which he should be doing them with hands facing backwards. I apologize again if I offended anyone.

B1214N
Awarenesss said:

Sorry, I think people have misunderstood. Beginner is used for lack of a better term. The fact that he is training planche leans to me means that he is not to the level in which he should be doing them with hands facing backwards. I apologize again if I offended anyone.

No need to apologize. I don't think your post was particularly offensive at all.

Vincearoo
B1214N said:

You can tell how advanced someone is by looking at their appearance? :blink::P

Honestly, the lean here looks like the same or slightly more than the one demonstrated in F1. For those who don't have F1, you can still see it in the cover of F1 at the products section. It wouldn't make sense to have the the hands under hips in F1 as that would be too advanced for the F1 level beginner (you would want to get to hips level eventually). The one in F1 is far from hips level or maximum lean and for a good reason.

Perhaps I'm looking at the lean wrong. I figured he had another inch or two, but maybe I'm thrown off more because his hand are backwards.

LateStarter@46

If there was a simple mathematical formula to mark the spot where ones hands should be, the angle of the hips, and angle of lower legs to floor, I'd be sorted on this one :-). alex87 where are you?!

Hanging a plumb line from the hips/?waist might help with the videos...

DiTi

dude trust me i can hold a straddle planche for 12seconds and i have experience on planche training thats not enought lean u need to train more and when u get enought lean learn to do push ups in that position. this is how i made progress

B1214N
DiTi said:

dude trust me i can hold a straddle planche for 12seconds and i have experience on planche training thats not enought lean u need to train more and when u get enought lean learn to do push ups in that position. this is how i made progress

Are you talking about the full lean or F1 level lean? If you are talking about the former then yes that is not enough lean, but maybe that is currently how far he can lean and he should spend more time there until he gets stronger and can lean more. You can do PPPs with various degrees of lean to build up bent arm pushing strength so you don't necessarily need to get to a certain degree of lean first before starting. 

Yaad Mohammad

Excellent form, keep it up.

Cody
LateStarter@46 said:

If there was a simple mathematical formula to mark the spot where ones hands should be, the angle of the hips, and angle of lower legs to floor, I'd be sorted on this one :-). alex87 where are you?!

Hanging a plumb line from the hips/?waist might help with the videos...

Lean until faceplant.  :P  

Kopavski

when do you know the right angle of lean? 

DiTi

here i perform the planche lean with the correct form.do you see how much do you need to lean.i hope it helps you

 

post-8677-0-50044300-1385940031_thumb.jp

Daniel Burnham
DiTi said:

here i perform the planche lean with the correct form.do you see how much do you need to lean.i hope it helps you

That form is not quite correct.  While the lean is good, strong protraction is lacking.

Cody
Kopavski said:

when do you know the right angle of lean?

When your feet are off the ground.

But seriously, there is no "right" angle. It all depends on your current level of strength.

Shaolintobbe

Thx for your answers!!

 

A couple of more questions, dont know if this is F1 question though, do I understand it right that I should activate the lats and chest by pressing the hands together in planche lean?

 

I feel that I lose some of my forward pressing strength when I press my hands together, how should I think? Pressing at a 45 degree angle inward/upward?