This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Anyone from Kansas?

Started by aiken54, November 30, 2013 · 15 Replies · 1,800 Views

aiken54

Anyone here from Kansas? I'm in the Overland Park/Lenexa area, and would love to train GB stuff with others. 

Stephen Majerle

I live in Overland Park and train at home. Where do you train?

aiken54

I train at home as well in Lenexa. Do you tumble at all?

Stephen Majerle

No tumbling for me. My only exposure to gymnastics is through this website and it's products. I began foundation in April. Are you following foundation?

aiken54

I do foundation and handstand

ksu2016

I'm from the Olathe/Lenexa area as well. I am just getting started training gymnastics and have lifted weights my whole life. Do you guys know any good parks that have a pull-up bar and a place to hang rings?

aiken54

The Gear for Sports track at 95th and Lackman has bars. But it's outdoor and cold. If you wanna tough it out, it's a nice place to train. Places with actual ring towers include: Emerald City (No open gyms though, but you could maybe organize some time to go in and train), and McCracken's (have open gym - website: mcgymswim.com)

Russell Babcock

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I would throw it out anyways.

I own a Ninja Warrior gym in Belton, MO ( just south of Grandview triangle) and I am doing the foundation series, Handstand series, and Stretch series to supplement my Ninja Warrior training.  We have plenty of pull bars, rings, and stall bars.  Let me know if you are interested.

 

R_Babcock@Hotmail.com

Dylan Robertson

Represent!

aiken54

Anyone in Lawrence?

Chris Wagner

Chiming in just in case anyone still checks this thread.  Starting with Fundamentals, trying to figure out in advance how and where I'll train upon moving up.

Russell Babcock

Chris,

We are still open and I still try to incorporate the Gymnastic training.  You can look into our gym and decide if it works for you.

www.chaoscourse.com

Russ Babcock

Timothy Aiken

Any gym will do really. Most have all the equipment you'd need, a lot even have rings. There are plenty of gymnastics gyms in Johnson County. It can be tough with liability and being an adult to get a gymnastics gym to let you train, but some will let you go to open gym. Otherwise you can go to any gym, small or commercial, and find what you need to work out. You just have to go looking. 

Timothy Aiken

I will actually be in Denver in mid-August and that's exactly what I plan on doing! 

Chris Wagner
13 hours ago, Timothy Aiken said:

Any gym will do really. Most have all the equipment you'd need, a lot even have rings. There are plenty of gymnastics gyms in Johnson County. It can be tough with liability and being an adult to get a gymnastics gym to let you train, but some will let you go to open gym. Otherwise you can go to any gym, small or commercial, and find what you need to work out. You just have to go looking. 

Well, other than a stall bar, I have that stuff at my current gym (rings/pull-up bar, parallettes, a big open floor space).  I live in PV, but work out at Crossfit on 18th in the Crossroads.

Matthew Semegran

Hey everyone!

Across the line, but just wanted to say whats up KC!

 

You guys still training?

 

Matt