This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Completing week 11, failing iM - where to continue

Started by Plogen, November 29, 2013 · 10 Replies · 218 Views

Plogen

Hello!

 

If I manage to complete week 11 on any given element with mastery, but struggle with the iM, I will not be able to proceed. Where will I then continue with the PEs? Should I continue doing the prescribed mastery sets, for example BHBH (FL/PE1) 5x60 sec, or should I do another cycle of week 9-12 and cycle through until I am satisfied with the iM ROM and form?

 

My guess would be to continue with mastery and use deloads every 4 weeks but I wanted to know what others think of this as well who got some experience, I am just starting on my first week :D

 

 

gohei_

I believe Coach preferred to do the 9-12 weeks until the iM catches up.

Guest

gohei_ is correct.

Jennifer

For you guys that are doing weeks 9-12 over again, how many times a week are you doing it?  

Guest

Same schedule as before. I used to do F1/F2 on a 4 day split, Sat/Sun/T/W. So whatever element I needed to repeat a microcycle on, I would do so in my same schedule.

Riku Calderón

If the PE is super easy you can do week 11 always. With this there is always 5 IM sessions.

Jennifer

Erm, I don't think HBP/PE2 will  *ever* be super easy for me (not that I'm that far along yet~ just sayin').    I had it in my head that if a mobility element was a sticking point, that I'd stay in week 4 or 8 for the PE's, but you guys are saying better to stay in the later weeks.  It makes sense from a strength and endurance point of view.    <older beginner here>

RiQC said:

If the PE is super easy you can do week 11 always. With this there is always 5 IM sessions.

Vincearoo
Jennifer said:

Erm, I don't think HBP/PE2 will *ever* be super easy for me (not that I'm that far along yet~ just sayin'). I had it in my head that if a mobility element was a sticking point, that I'd stay in week 4 or 8 for the PE's, but you guys are saying better to stay in the later weeks. It makes sense from a strength and endurance point of view. <older beginner here>

PE's do not have to feel super easy to move on. As long as you keep good form, tempo, and prevent any shakiness then you can move on. When someone watches you, they should think you make it easy, even though you may feel some struggle on the inside.
Riku Calderón
Jennifer said:

Erm, I don't think HBP/PE2 will  *ever* be super easy for me (not that I'm that far along yet~ just sayin').    I had it in my head that if a mobility element was a sticking point, that I'd stay in week 4 or 8 for the PE's, but you guys are saying better to stay in the later weeks.  It makes sense from a strength and endurance point of view.    <older beginner here>

If it is IM you struggle you can do later weeks in PE.

If you lack mobility in PE then you recycle the starting weeks.

Plogen

Thank you all for clarifying this, cheers!

IcedDante

What is the problem you are having with the xiaopengs?