This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about FL / PE3 Mastery

Started by Spphysio, November 28, 2013 · 2 Replies · 137 Views

Spphysio

Today was my last day of my first three weeks of the foundation 1 course. Next week will be the back off week. On some of the exercise I will move on the next progression while on others I need to work more.

 

I am not sure about the Straddle Hollow Body Hold If I should progress to the Straddle hollow body rock or continue to use Straddle Hollow Body for another microcycle.

 

I managed to complete all the 5 x 60 sec sets. However the 5 th set was quite hard. Especially the last 15 - 20 seconds I had to be really concetrated not to lose my form. The last 10 sec. of the 5th set I was trying really hard to do not let my upper back touch the floor.

 

 

What do you think should I progress or repeat weeks 9 - 12 after back off week ?

Gripjj

I'd say - repeat. 

 

Mastery is mastery and shouldnt be a struggle. 

TANSTAAFL
Gripjj said:

I'd say - repeat. 

 

Mastery is mastery and shouldnt be a struggle. 

Agreed to a point. This was mentioned somewhere on here before...all sets should be perfect form, but generally speaking, the last reps of the last set will/should by no means be easy.

 

There always seems to be 2 options here: repeat and get a little more comfortable, or try the next progression and see how it feels. If the next is very difficult, you're back a micro...if not, you'll be using the previous as a WU anyway, so you'll still be working it.

 

As an aside I always recommend making a video, at the very least so you can check your own form(especially when testing for a new level), and also so you can post on here and get feedback from people way smarter than you and me put together ;) .