Hi y'all. First I'd like you to see my recently filmed video of my jumping progress from Coaches book exercises. Here is the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoiXeD3r ... annel_page how does it compare to the younger guys???? How much highere do i need to get to get outstanding backflip height??? And while there please also look at my back handspring attempt on the trampoline. I've had 2 30 minute training sessions at gymnastics and this is my first day on the trampoline. I was a little nervous so i put the 2 inch mat there to take away some of the rebound in case something went wrong. Do i need more arch in my back??????? I can't swing as hard as i'd like because i've flared up an old shoulder injury recently. Here is the link for that.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6gCT-apJoA thanks, Kev
43 year old 6 month checkup vid
Started by kevp951, March 7, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,950 Views
Pretty high box jump/car jump. How high is it?
As for your handspring, basically it looks ok. I think that backyard trampolines just aren't big enough for adults to do handsprings on because I have to kill my power and technique and shorten it up so I don't rebound off and I'm only 5'+. I think you may as well be cutting back your BHS length because of that issue either consciously or self consciously.
just for comparison i can jump to bottom of chest height standing from 2 legs, i'm sure you can do a standing backflip with your height if you get the technique..
BHS on trampoline even for me (im not an adult) is just weird. i have to shorten it alot to be able to do it, im 5,6 or 5,7 not sure in american measurements....
The top of the car is 50 inches and I'm 67 1/2 inches tall. I could probably jump a little higher but not alot. I'm still afraid to do back handspring on a mat on the floor without a spotter so I moved to the trampoline to get a few in to start conditioning my nervous system to not be afraid. Hopefully I'll be on my own on the ground in a couple of months. The back tuck I can do but i tend to jump back instead of straight up so i land low. I stopped for awhile and now I'm re-programming my mind to want to jump straight up and be afraid to jump backwards and the results so far have been pretty good, but I want to be able to roll out of the back tuck and drop to the ground in a straight up position. Thanks for commenting everybody!!!
Doing some standing jumps similar to the start of your back tuck but jumping a little bit forwards can help you to learn to go up instead of backwards.. at least it helped me ![]()
your backhandspring is good keep it up and it will become cleaner
you have a techniqual mistake in your front flip, the swinging of your arms works against your possible momentum!
don't swirls them the way you do! try this:
before you jump, put your hands straight in the air and bent your back just a bit backwards (hands up is totaly important!)
then jump a bit higher, straight and pull your arms down (like a throw-in or something) , then tuck more close and leed the arms to your knees!
your main mistake was the armmovement!
it also helps to keep yourself tucked a kind longer than you think it is necessary and if you take of look diagonal forward for a moment and then TUCK!
i hope i can do them also with 43
respect