This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Any critiques on my workout plan?

Started by Bill Clarke, November 28, 2013 · 8 Replies · 239 Views

Bill Clarke

Here is my workout plan:

Sunday: H1 (if I need more practice)

Monday: F1: B

Tuesday: F1: A (squats later in the day)

Wednesday: H1

Thursday: F1: B (dead lifts+low volume olympic lift later in the day)

Friday: H1

Saturday: F1: A

I will also be doing some light manual labor (warehouse work) 30-40 hours a week. Any critiques or thoughts?

As of right now, I'm still testing to see where I am at in the PEs. I will update this thread when I figure it all out.

Xcel

I'm by no means an expert, but I can say that the one critical thing missing here is a rest day!  Regardless of how good of shape you're in or how quickly you recover, your body still needs a full recovery day at least once a week.  Two would be better!

Bipocni

No rest days?

 

Any problem with doing H1 the same day as your F1 workouts?

Riku Calderón

I use H1 as active rest. But in stuck in the first PE so it's nothing now. Maby when theres mere work than the IM im gonne fix it.

Still have sunday completely rest.

Bill Clarke

Alright, so I'll take Sunday off. I could try and move H1 on to Tuesday and Thursdays. Would that be better? Then move my F1: B day to Friday. So it'll look like this:

Here is my workout plan:

Sunday: rest

Monday: F1: B

Tuesday: F1: A+H1 (squats later in the day)

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: H1 (dead lifts+low volume olympic lift later in the day)

Friday: F1: B

Saturday: F1: A

On a side note, currently I'm only on PE1 of H1, so it's not very tasking... though I guess I should try to get used to having more rest days before it's actually tasking.

Murray Truelove

I like H1 on my F1b days, I do it before F1 but I think some people do it after. I find I need at least 2 rest days a week. Whatever you settle on you can always reevaluate on in a couple a weeks time (it's important to be consistent and not change things up all the time but you've got to be sure the workload is optimum).

Bipocni

Yeah, stick with it for one full microcycle, and if you aren't making good progress, re-evaluate.

Bill Clarke

Thanks guy! I'll stick with that plan and see how it goes!

Update on PE's:

FL: completed PE1. I know I can't complete PE2, so I'll just start on that next week.

sPL: completed PE1. I could probably do the strength for PE2 (I've done plenty of 5-10 minute planks), but I know I can't do the iM that well, so I'm going to do PE2.

HBP: PE1 was easy, but I'm not going to rush PE2, do to a minor shoulder strain at my work a few weeks ago.

RC: PE1, completed. Harder than excepted, but I got it. Starting PE2.

MN: did not complete PE1. Talk about humbling. Guess I have terrible balance, because I wasn't even that tired: I just couldn't keep proper form!

SL: did not complete PE1, but I finished 2 sets, so I'll do PE1 at week 5. This was humbling as well. I can deadlift 340, yet this left me sore for a while!

SLS: completed PE1. Man, this made me realize my endurance has really decreased. It was much harder than I thought it would be. I randomly tried out the iM for P2, yeah, I won't be mastering that anytime real soon, so I'll stick with PE2.

That's my update! Pretty pumped! It was kind of cool seeing exercises I considered easy, become difficult. Now that when I master exercises I considered moderate or hard, I'll be much stronger than I am now!

Murray Truelove

Good stuff!

It's great to film yourself when testing mastery, I though I had FL and sPL the first time I tested - only in the recording did I realise that my ROM wasn't good enough.