This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help on SL/PE9

Started by Guest, November 27, 2013 · 4 Replies · 161 Views

Guest

I have made it to SL/PE9 (half windshield wipers), and have a quick question.

 

I've always had trouble on L-sits due to my hip flexor/quad cramping up. My pike stretch is good (eyes/forehead touch knees pretty easily).

 

Does this go away with time? I've heard that it does, but how long should it take and should I do anything in the meantime? Maybe work L-sits or just grow a pair and muscle through these?

 

Thanks in advance!

Christian

I guess the manna progressions help with this. Where are you there?

Guest

I just got back to working out and mastered PE3 and PE4 :( I just need my mom to help me replicate a stall bar (push on my back), and then I should be able to master PE5 or just go to the last microcycle.

 

I rushed through the first 5 PE's, then on the 6th I got stuck. After realizing I'm a dumbass for rushing through, I went back and FULLY mastered everything up to now.

Jon Douglas

It does go away (wait till we hit straddle L work >.<), but I'm kind of surprised you're encountering cramps on 1/2 windshield wipers. You might want to warm up with some sitting pike compression work, and/or work some tuck-straddle-pike L-hang

Guest

Thanks guys! I think once I get back to my normal schedule after testing mastery on a few elements (I just passed HBP/PE3 and think I should be able to make it to PE11 without too much trouble), I'll add in L-hangs to my warmup/daily routine. The supine windshield wipers were easy, it's just the damn hip flexors that get me on the half (that TUT :blink: ). Thanks again for the feedback! :D