This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Alignment in PE2 & PE3

Started by Sisyphus, November 27, 2013 · 4 Replies · 218 Views

Sisyphus

Hello all, I have a query that I hope you might clear up for me. I can see that in the demonstration of PE2 there is a definite lean over the hands - not so much in PE3. 

 

I can manage PE3 comfortably but to be stable I have to lean much further forward than the demonstration video shows (although not as much as PE2). I can get to the level of verticality thats shown but its unstable.

 

So my query - is it such a big deal? Do I stick with the current stability of a greater lean or stop moaning and work on the stability of a more vertical alignment? 

 

Cheers

Sisyphus

I guess it's so trivial that it doesn't warrant a response. Fair enough. :) 

Bissen

I have somewhat of a similar question (and I didn't want to start a new thread).

 

I'm wondering how much force I should but on my arms vs. my head? Should I strive to balance on my head as much as possible, or should I deliberately press hard with my arms? (PE3)

Bro'

I think it's better to have the arms more active. The base with this PE is smaller than those of the previous ones so it's basically the first time you get to make the famous 'micro-adjustments', except with your whole forearms instead of your fingers and palms.^^
I try to protract and elevate my should as much as I can and balance from there.

Bissen

Thanks, Bro; I figured I'd try to activate my shoulders, and put them in the right position, but I didn't really know how much to lean onto them; just enough to balance, or so much it's hard.