This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Repeating one week-how to manage deloading?

Started by richilincez, November 27, 2013 · 6 Replies · 142 Views

richilincez

Hello guys,

I m following. F1+H1.

I m at my first cycle, and I felt like repeating one entire, since I really struggled with it and knew I wasn't going to complete the next one.

How do I behave with deload weeks? Should I just deload like I didn't repeat. a week and start back from where I was at?

Thanks a lot

Richi

Murray Truelove

Just treat it as written. I think this means that the reps will be the same (3x3r??) for both the deload and when you do week 1 again. I did this for a long time with MN:PE1 and SLS:PE1 as I couldn't achieve the correct amount of compression and had poor ankle mobility.

richilincez

I didn't really. understand.

For instance, I am doing 4x9 and 4x36sec. I dont believe I would make the next week 5x9, 5x36, so I d repeat the 4x.

Let's say that next week was deload. Should I deload and then start.with the 5x, where I left (but which was supposed to be BEFORE THE DELOAD)?

thank you

Richi

Bro'

As you like. Usually, we up the reps/times after the deload weeks so you could go ahead and do 5x9 and 5x36, but you could also do 4x9 and 4x36 because upping the intensity after deload sometimes just doesn't feel right.

richilincez

Ok, thank you.

I understand that the important point is to keep the deload week fixed, and progress normally with the rest following one's personal pace.

Right?

Thank you

RZ

Alessandro Mainente

Yes you're right, no matter what week you are following , on the 4th week you have to cut in half the number of reps. the only case where i can use a different approach is when the last week is a 3x1 or 5x1, in that case you cannot drop the reps. so if the final goal is reduce by 50% the volume you can choose to perform 1-2 sets if the last week is 3x1 or 2-3 sets if the last week is 5x1.

richilincez

ok thank you

Richi