A short video I made on where I'm at in some of my elements. Nothing super hard, just trying to gauge where I'm at. Hope you guys enjoy!
Started by Guest, November 26, 2013 · 2 Replies · 4,153 Views
A short video I made on where I'm at in some of my elements. Nothing super hard, just trying to gauge where I'm at. Hope you guys enjoy!
For the one armed elbow lever it might help to go back a progression and have straddled legs, or just sloppy bent straddled legs until you get used to the balance, then return to the better form. Also don't try moving into it from the two armed lever yet, as it results in your right arm not being at 90 degrees (although your centre of mass will influence how 90 degrees it can be), it still looks more in the open two armed lever position. When I was learning i'd just get on the floor and put myself into the one armed position, move my weight until my legs gentle pull off the floor then and start the lean/chest twist that you're already doing. Lean until your left arm just naturally peels off the floor
Hope thats some help
Thanks swhitley! The OAEL used to be a move I actively trained, but slowly fell apart on. I was just testing to see where my balance was at, and like you saw, it wasn't great.