This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090306

Started by Coach Sommer, March 6, 2009 · 3 Replies · 1,136 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090306.jpg

Perform:

20 min HS Obstacle Course

Out of the 20 minutes, keep track of the total time spent in HS.

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

Compare your HS proficiency to 090113.

notes:

If HS walking is too advanced for you presently, substitute HS Wall Runs.

A HS Obstacle course may be as simple or demanding as you wish. Attempting a course too far beyond your current HS abilities will have a substantial reduction in aggregate time spent inverted and will greatly reduce your strength girdle stability gains from this workout.

Post HS route construction below.

Blairbob

Hmm, my boys would love this but we need to go over routines for our last meet at State on Sunday. Maybe next week. Right now I can only walk about 10 feet before my wrists give out or I lose momentum. I will probably set up a circuit of walking down panel mat stacks with 1 panel difference.

I'll probably do Tues GB WOD and then do wall runs.

Blairbob

I did Tues WOD and then hit this after 5min+ of rest. In 20m of total time, I did 6:02 of wall runs. Blech. I thought about doing the usual press progressions I usually do at gym ( more wallspace than at home ) but decided to not to.

Earlier, since it was just myself and the 2 10yo L4's and we hit all our events in our prep for state; I decided we could set up a HS obstacle course.

I set up panel mats, 2 panels thick, so first mat stack was 2, then the next was 4, then the next was 6; then I set up a small panel mat of 4 layers to walk on up to and then a wedge mat to roll down. I was going to build a pyramid and we also tried going down the obstacle course instead of down. Luckily, the 8yo did his routines before workout today in a private as he can barely walk in HS. Those 2 can probably only do 3-10 feet at best. I told them as we get better, we're gonna build one across the floor and I'll show them the GB video on Monday.

We tried it about a dozen times to maybe 20. Then the compulsory girls saw us and wanted to play as they rotated to floor. They couldn't get enough of it. Only a few of them could do maybe 5-10s of an L sit on floor. So I flaunted that both of them could do 30s+. Heheh, it's fun to irk them.

Stephen Casey

I'll post this also on the Workout Log page, and posted it here because I have a question.

My son did Friday's workout; he did HS Wall Runs for a combined total time (working and resting) of 10 minutes, and then pure handstands for another 7 minutes total.

I had a lot of stuff to do, and didn't get it done; I'll do it today. But my question for my son is: how can he kick into a handstand easier? He is so tall for his age, and while a slender build has very long legs; therefore, he is lower body mass-heavy (long heavy legs and short upper body) for his height; it makes kicking into the stand somewhat difficult (and also b/c we don't have any formal training on how to best kick into it, it might be a simple fix). Any tips or feedback are very appreciated.

Blessings,

Stephen and son