This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090305

Started by Coach Sommer, March 5, 2009 · 4 Replies · 1,180 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090202.jpg

Perform:

3x5 heavy weighted SLS

3x5 GHR

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

Compare with 090102.

notes:

1) Choose a weight for the weighted SLS that is quite challenging for 5 reps.

2) Add weight if necessary to the GHR.

3) Rest 3-5 minutes between sets.

3) Choose a straddle L variation that allows no more than 10 seconds of work to be accomplished at a time. Add weight to the ankles if necessary.

coachnate

This question may sound dumb, but I'm looking for additional input. In the past (when I was about 17, so that's roughly 8 years ago) I had lots of knee trouble/pain when doing SLS's. I'm 6' tall, then I weighed about 165-170 and now I'm about 180. Any idea for either ways that I could strengthen my knees so that I could do SLS's, or would I be better to just not go as low... any thoughts?

-Thanks in advance

Jason Stein

3x5 Heavy SLS: 12kg, 12kg, 16kg kettlebells

3x5 GHR

4x15sec straddle L

Nobodystopsdblob

3x5 heavy weighted SLS 20 25 25lbs

3x5 GHR

range of motion was really good

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

bent knees below parallel

Clean and jerk

135 185 185 185 185 185 185

Great range of motion

Blairbob

Kinda mussed this one up. I did my usual swings on apparatus before but my wrists were trashed to do any mushroom. Did a bunch of HS walking, negatives and jumping presses from a tuck sit. I'm gonna keep on doing this till my wrists are built up again.

Made up Monday's workout and did it before this with a 5m interlude. I used tuck planche which is still slightly low I think, 1/2 lay back lever and adv tuck FL.

L sit to high tuck is harder to do than lower than horizontal L to L or ring support leg lifts.

Did glute ham negatives and hold instead of raises. Ended up doing Hanging leg lifts instead of L sit leg lifts for some silly reason. I did 3 sets of 5 afterwards. On a funny note, I was unable to do L hang to V leg lift instead of the L sit leg lift after those giant sets from Monday.

Instead of heavy BS I did the weighted pistols. I used 43lbs ( 1 18,15,9,and 4lbd body bar ). It kinda sucks to hold them in a front rack like position by flexing my biceps. I tried holding a small light beam but it killed my wrists to use it that way. I did glute ham negatives instead of the floor glute ham raise cause I forgot. Left leg is weaker than right.

My back was sore when I got home and I finished 6x10 about 15 degrees below horizontal straddle L on high parallettes. Didn't have time to do it after gym as I wanted to hit the supermarket before midnight.

I did find out that my inability to workout after gym isn't really connected to a light protein intake during the day but is more related to hydration ( since I rarely get a break on Tu and Th and not much of one on Fri ). A few pieces of fruit jerky but the lack of water is the real culprit not really a lack of calories or protein.