This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Programming for a 16 week cycle?

Started by IcedDante, November 24, 2013 · 1 Replies · 146 Views

IcedDante

I have not been doing F1 long enough to definitively make any conclusions, but I feel confident in saying that if I start an element at week 1 or week 5 that I am not going to make it through weeks 9 through 11 with the prescribed number of reps and perfect form. This applies to elements where I cannot demonstrate mastery through strength, but the mobility is fine.

 

Right now I just repeat that 4 week cycle one or more times, but I was wondering if the progressions are too ambitious for me. That is to say, if failure by week 11 is a foregone conclusion, why not rethink the rep progressions so that I am working on a 16 week scale instead of a 12 week scale?

 

Curious as to what the group's feedback is on this approach.

fazool

While the program lays out a 12 week cycle, I believe we all progress with each element/mobility at our own unique rate. I have adjusted the template for the elements that I struggle with. For example, hinge rows (RC PE 1), the micro cycle starting at week 9, I will repeat again since I struggle with completing the required reps with proper forms as well as reps.

Therefore, I think the beauty in the program is its flexibility. As has been stated numerous times in the forum, proceed at your own pace, check you ego.

Good luck