This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Check My SL/PE 1 Please

Started by Alhumbraer, November 24, 2013 · 9 Replies · 380 Views

Alhumbraer

Hi guys,

 

I have had lots of trouble with Arch Body Hold, like so many others starting F1. It seems that I can never get comfortable and own the movement-  I think it has been because I always want to stay up as high as possible. I decided to video myself on my last set on week 12, at a position i can maintain comfortably. 

 

Is my position still too low ?

 

http://vimeo.com/80195557

LateStarter@46

I would say that you've passed :-) *

You can self-check by seeing if you can do the PE2 smoothly.

*just my personal opinion mind :-)

Joakim Anderson

Looks nice. Maybe point your toes that last little bit?

 

And about your discomfort from always trying to go as high as possible – try putting something under your feet to measure your height during the set. If you touch the object you go up half an inch and keep the feet there. Easy way to keep track of it.

TANSTAAFL

Looks good to me. I would definitely agree with Joakim and add something under feet and even under hands...preferably the perfect height or semi-adjustable. This will help you also with staying a little more solid/not moving around as much(raising awareness if you graze either of your surfaces).

 

If it were me I might do another micro cycle, but you'll be doing it for WU now as well so it really comes down to if you can do PE2. If it's insanely difficult, you have an easy answer...if not it's up to you.

Alhumbraer

Thanks guys... the responses lead me to another question. I've worked F1 with the perspective mastery is when the movement requires minimal effort. Even if my height is good, doing the movement is still uncomfortable and I want it to be done very badly while in the middle of a set. I would say I have a while to go before I master that movement and move on.

 

Would anyone disagree or care to modify that perspective ? Don't I move on when it is a no brainer because the SL/PE 1 is boring and easy ?  

VegVeg

Depends on your goals IMO, if you're really serious on the long term it would probably be better to really nail this one down since it is supposedly such a basic move.

 

If it is just a hobby and you're getting bored with this I'd just move on to PE2.

 

 

Personally I think I'll skip PE2 because I fear my private areas will become numb or something because of it (serious)

Keilani Gutierrez
VegVeg said:

Depends on your goals IMO, if you're really serious on the long term it would probably be better to really nail this one down since it is supposedly such a basic move.

 

If it is just a hobby and you're getting bored with this I'd just move on to PE2.

 

 

Personally I think I'll skip PE2 because I fear my private areas will become numb or something because of it (serious)

if you use some compression shorts or underwear that secure the cruise ship and first mates, then you can just tuck your junk. no homo. B-)

LateStarter@46

You are funny! I had to break my vow of silence and laugh out loud at that  :D

VegVeg
KeilaniG said:

if you use some compression shorts or underwear that secure the cruise ship and first mates, then you can just tuck your junk. no homo. B-)

tried it today.

would rather have children than master PE2 thx.

TANSTAAFL

Please people, spare your crumbs...the troll is hung-gray!