This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New to training - kids joining in

Started by Dog_, November 24, 2013 · 3 Replies · 176 Views

Dog_

Hi every one. I'm a brand newy finding my way through the GB F1 and HS courses. I'm loving the depth and the detail. Previously I've been working on convict conditioning, I must say though that the GB approach is "amazing"

My questions/discussions are regarding kids. I have 6 kids. Yep I know, busy and or crazy, depending on the day. Four girls and two boys. My two boys are currently 4.5 years old and 3. How young is too young to train GB style??? Also an obvious question but do they simply follow the same progressions.

Thank you every one.

Coach Sommer

No real need to be overly structured at their age and level of commitment. Simply let them play and spend time with Dad :), attempting to do the same things as you are working on. Pleasantly challenge them, spot them moderately as needed and have fun!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jennifer

I have been doing this for a month with preteens, so a little older than yours.  My (very small for his age) 12 yo takes it more serious and we work together.  The 9yo is less serious and I just let him do what he wants, but I try to stress the importance of the mobility elements over the strength elements.  

 

I also find that watching the vids that people post with regard to their progress and reading all the comments with my older son is highly motivating for us.

Dog_

Thank you for the replies. Really, really appreciated. Even though I'm in Australia and train in my shed with the kids I don't feel alone. Thank you to every one contributing. Thank you so much coach Sommer. Very, very grateful.