How important is it that you are able to hang with straight legs on the stall bars?
The reason I ask is that due to the damp often cold climate in Scotland where I live I want to put it up in my garage to protect the wood but the roof height won't allow me to install it high enough to let me hang with straight legs.
I can stand with feet flat on the floor and arms very slightly bent (couple of inches) at the height I can install it at. Obviously this is not ideal but how much will this reduced range of motion affect any gains I may make. I think the start should be the easiest part of the exercise so shouldn't matter too much, am I right?
I could install them outside but it would still be awkward to get sufficient height just because of the way my external garage wall is set up, guttering, window, dip bars, chin up bar etc (I don't want to mount the on house). Thanks for any answers!