Hey all, I've just started the F1 routine and the MN/PE1 is seriously chafing the skin around my tailbone (think popped blisters). I've always had this problem with situps of any kind and it frustrates the hell out of me. Anyone have a similar experience or any advice on how to prevent that from happening?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Manna preps chafing my tailbone
Started by Adam Armstrong, November 23, 2013 · 9 Replies · 238 Views
No advice here but you're not alone.
Use sports tape on your tailbone to be able to work through the damage. In time you'll want to be able to use less or no tape, because it's also a matter of getting thicker skin, and that won't happen with the tape. It could also be a technique issue, i.e. sliding too much back and forth.
You could also try wearing different clothes or doing it on a different surface.
Ravn said:Use sports tape on your tailbone to be able to work through the damage. In time you'll want to be able to use less or no tape, because it's also a matter of getting thicker skin, and that won't happen with the tape. It could also be a technique issue, i.e. sliding too much back and forth.
Great idea Ravn! I've got some sports tape I use for rock climbing, I'm surprised I didn't think to use that... I'll give it a go for my next workout!
You're welcome, I'm on a mission to eradicate the totally unnecessary chafing of assess... ![]()
I beileve Fred in China also suggested some kind of small piece of "butt foam" (my term, not his) with the butt part cut out as someone was having coccyx pain/issues. Also just moving to a think towel or something could work, if the tape doesn't hold.
It'll hold, in fact I've sometimes just let it sit in place for several training days in a row - Too much information?
Anyway, the reason being that having your arse-hairs pulled out three times a week is not exactly pleasant.
1, 2, deep breath, 3, yank, ouch.
I'm on the same boat, I have my tailbone too out (it is like having a small bone ball at the end of the back) and it is a pain in the ass (
) to do any kind of "sit ut" movement. MN/PE1 and also any type of "rocks" (I'm thinking about you, FL/PE2) it's upset, but well, it is what it is: morphology.
Try to put a thicker mat to do the exercises. It is what I personally use.
I use a thin, soft mat. I find it also helps with hollow body rocks.