Sensory deprivation float tank

Started by Nautique163, November 23, 2013 · 6 Replies · 2,543 Views

Nautique163

After my recent trip to kit Laughlin stretch therapy workshop which we did a mediation session after every workout.

I'm thinking that is is something that I and most people are don't give it enough credit .

So today I found a place that has a sensory deprivation tank that you float in a high contraction of Epsom salt.

I just did a hour long float . I like it a lot, kind of feels like your floating in space, and you get the added benfits of the magnesium supplement .

just wanted to hear if anyone else here has any experience with them?

Jon Douglas

I don't, but I have always wanted to try it.

Would love to hear your impressions.

Nautique163

I definitely recommend that you try it out if you can find one . I just got done my second float , this time I had them play some subliminal frequency sound.

I have to say I think it works it felt like I was in some kind of visual trip ! At around 45 min I think I fell asleep and when I woke up I almost freaked out , kind of a weird experience !

Blairbob

 I've heard the sensory deprivation can trigger some crazy hallucinations.

Jon Douglas
Blairbob said:

I've heard the sensory deprivation can trigger some crazy hallucinations.

Ive heard that too. Half the reason I want to try it ^_^ seems incredibly relaxing. I try not to read into the whole womb association thing

Samui

I am a huge fan of Joe Rogan and he recommends it highly. He even has one in his house. Definitely would like to try it out.

jl5555

My gym has a saltwater pool in the basement meant for laps.  On quiet nights after a jacuzzi I will just float in the pool with my feet propped up on the steps.  Not quite the total immersion experience but it just leaves you with your beating heart and the rushing of blood through veins sound.  Whooooosshhh.  Very relaxing....