Wall extension... on the floor

Started by Olivier 2 GA, March 4, 2009 · 3 Replies · 3,125 Views

Olivier 2 GA

Hi guys,

Talking about wall extension, what do you think about practicing wall extension laying on the floor in a flat-back tucked position. That way, gravity will tend pull shoulder girdle and arms down flat on the floor? I feel that it make it easier but maybe it’s not as effective as standard wall extensions…

Olivier

Dede the Tank

This sounds like a very good idea to me. It would make it really hard to cheat and come off the floor compared to the wall.

Travis

I first started doing them like this. When I finally tried them against a wall, they were much harder. The fact that I could get more range on the floor, for whatever reason, makes me doubt their effectiveness in that position.

Blairbob

Same thing I have found Travis. Lying on the back and testing the initial positions of the arms is a way to determine what is going on with the shoulder. The chiro did it to me and I observed him doing this to our kids in our gym