This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Minicycle mastery necessary?

Started by Tomas Johansson, November 22, 2013 · 1 Replies · 169 Views

Tomas Johansson

For instance, for the RC/PE3 I can do 4x6r with what I consider good form, the last maybe 2 reps on the final set lacks a little ROM or needs a little momementum.

 

Would I be better of continuing to 4x8r or should I stick with 5x6r until I got the form for all the reps. The reasoning would be that I would get more total good reps done, and more endurance work.

 

Of course the mastery would need to be 5x10 good reps, but again, if the last reps is lacking, would it be good to continue past the mastery level to get the mastery for instance, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8 (last 2 not good form), 7.  Or maybe try my best to do a 5x12r.

 

What would you think would be the fastest way to get the mastery?

Murray Truelove

I always keep to the schedule till the end of week 12 i.e. if week 7 I didn't hit the necessary reps I just deload  on week 8 and carry on with week 9 as planned - I'll repeat the last micro-cycle till mastery.

 

My exception to this is when mobility holds me back -  I spent a long time on weeks 1-4 for MN:PE1 and SLS:PE1 whist my ankle mobility and compression improved, this gave me time to focus on the important ques (really getting the knees to the chest and holding for a second or so on MN:PE1) rather than rushing through 15 reps.

 

Whilst the above has worked for me (for now at least) it's important to experiment and find what works for you. Repeating micro cycles has worked for a lot of people in the ABH thread - also playing with the numbers so increments are smaller has worked for people as well.