This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rope Climb Pe6

Started by Oliver Harris, November 22, 2013 · 6 Replies · 316 Views

Oliver Harris

Hey guys, 

 

I am having quite some difficulty progressing past the bent arm hang, I've got up to this point with relative ease and am able to complete mastery up to Rc/Pe10 but for Pe6 I've been on it for quite some time now trying to increase by 6 seconds as opposed to 12 but even then I've had to repeat a microcycle, after reaching failure attempting 4x36 I went back to 4x24. Has anyone else had this many issues? Would it be overkill to reduce the progress to 3 second increments each week?

 

 

Jon Douglas

I had terrible issues, and spent about 4 months before I nailed this one, despite being fine with all kinds of pullups, MU, etc before it. Be patient, it really pays off :)

I got to the point that it became a plain 'how much do you want it' test, not muscular failure, just perceived effort preventing me from sticking it out. One day I just up and did it, then wondered what I'd been doing with myself all that time >.<

Shaolintobbe

I have had probleme since start, I am on 48x4 (also increasing 6 sec), an have restart a couple of times, first because i took to much rest. Now i rest 20s between iM and next set. I start to shake after maybe 20s, and shaking is not mastery, so I am a long way of progressing. I dont know how to progress the last bit, maybe just endure, tempting to move on though. 

Ravn

RC/PE6 is fiendish, isn't it?  :icon_twisted:

 

I also spent four-five months on it. At first I allowed myself to work up to 5x60 using 60-90 seconds rest between sets. That gave the psychological advantage of knowing that it could actually be done. From there it was a question of reducing rest until mastery was acheived. That approach may work for you.

IcedDante
Jon Douglas said:

Be patient, it really pays off :)

 

What are the benefits you see from it?

Jon Douglas
IcedDante said:

What are the benefits you see from it?

No pressure on elbows from muscle ups and much better recruitment of the lats in pullups over the arms. I imagine the time frame was spent waiting for soft tissue to man up.

Oliver Harris

I like the idea of rest between sets, I'll give that a go and pray to Coach that it works.