This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

I get the sense

Started by Jennifer, November 21, 2013 · 8 Replies · 409 Views

Jennifer

I get the sense after poking around here for the last 3 weeks that there aren't a lot of women on this forum.   Also, ya'll are so young and I'm definitely an older beginner.

 

I hope you guys (literally) don't mind helping me out and checking form and answering a lot of dumb questions. 

 

I'm 3 weeks into the program  and I am determined, so we will see what I can accomplish in time...

 

Thanks!

Keilani Gutierrez

this place could use more girls. though there quite a few strong ones that lurk and not so lurk.

I'm looking at you, Kate. (btw, had my first Earl Grey today....cheers.)

john_c

Welcome.

Not everyone here's young, there are few more mature types around  including me,  with all different levels of experience, skill, strength  etc. We can all help each other.

I've been doing F1 and H1 for about 3 months now and still working PE1 on all the exercises except HPB (PE2).  I am really getting lots of benefits from it, better mobility, stronger, aches and pains disappearing and my incline push up is second to none !!

kimura

Welcome to the board! I can't say enough good things about this community, you will definitely find the help you are looking for. There are all different experience levels and backgrounds here and everyone is very kind and welcoming.

I've been doing it for two months and absolutely loving it. I'm on PE1 for everything except SLS and HBP, PE2 on those, though hopefully I'll be moving on with several soon. Anywho, enjoy.

Oompa2

There are a few of us girls around maybe we just don't post as much? Feel free to ask lots of dumb questions it's a very friendly group who are very good at providing critique when required. 

 

I'm about 4 months in and am at varying levels for different things. I train with my fiance and whilst he is good at upper body strength things, I definitely beat him at mobility.

 

Welcome to the program I hope you enjoy it! 

Ravn

Latestarter@46 is a girl, and also very active on the forum. Where are you, Latestarter???

Jennifer

Thanks for the welcome!   That is very good to hear that there are other women on board.   I do think there will be slightly different struggles for women than for men as Oompa says she is experiencing.   The upper body strength part is definitely going to be a struggle for me.

LateStarter@46
Ravn said:

Latestarter@46 is a girl, and also very active on the forum. Where are you, Latestarter???

I was having a nice cup of tea in my drawing room >.<

Welcome CrazyMomJ, good luck with the training. I like your motto :-)

fazool

Welcome to the forum. I have been doing F1 for about three months, all at PE 1. Prior to doing F1, I incorporated the Kilroy template into my training. In both instances, I have found the information in both forums, general and F 1 extremely beneficial. Any time I have posted a question the members have been very accommodating. Also, I am an older member, at the fantastic age of 54. I am enjoying the process and the ride. I am sure you will too.