http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0VnRHUUEWo
He didn't do the best, but I still thought this was interesting.
I didn't know gymnasts that tall could make it to the olympics.
Started by sasquatch, March 4, 2009 · 8 Replies · 5,727 Views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0VnRHUUEWo
He didn't do the best, but I still thought this was interesting.
I didn't know gymnasts that tall could make it to the olympics.
sasquatch said:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0VnRHUUEWoHe didn't do the best, but I still thought this was interesting.
I didn't know gymnasts that tall could make it to the olympics.
He was in finals, that is impresive achievment.
He is one of biggest gymnast they are or the biggest at this moment.
Yea, it's pretty cool.
I wonder who the tallest ring specialist is?
Haha even before I watched the video I knew you were referring to Alexander Shatilov from Israel... however just a small correction - he's 6 feet tall, not 6"1! Small difference but still ![]()
It's been said before, time and time again, that men tend to lie about their height by an inch.
Oh I just put 6-1 because that's what wikipedia says.
I always say I'm 6-4 1/2 because that's what the Docter said I was, but whenever I measure myself, it says i'm 6-3 1/2.
I still always say 6-4 1/2 though.
What Blair says is true. ![]()
Your height changes throughout the day as your spine compresses. Most people are at least a quarter inch taller than when they wake up and hydration (the intervertebral disks contain a lot of water) can play a big part of how tall you are at any given moment. When I was regularly Oly-lifting, I was half an inch shorter than previously, then I regained some of that height back when I quit lifting. Airborn guys sometimes lose a full two inches of height after years of jumping and hard landings.
akrajen said:Your height changes throughout the day as your spine compresses. Most people are at least a quarter inch taller than when they wake up and hydration (the intervertebral disks contain a lot of water) can play a big part of how tall you are at any given moment. When I was regularly Oly-lifting, I was half an inch shorter than previously, then I regained some of that height back when I quit lifting. Airborn guys sometimes lose a full two inches of height after years of jumping and hard landings.
Interesting. I knew people were taller when they first wake-up but I didn't know about all the other stuff.
you can prevent this by hanging from your toes from a bar and stretching your spine