azarian to maltese using lats vs. no lats support?

Started by Ryan Oehrlein, November 21, 2013 · 4 Replies · 3,937 Views

Ryan Oehrlein

hey guys! i am a new member to this sight, I made an account because i felt that there was some pretty usefull information on this sight especially about training rings strength.i like to think that I have quit a bit of knowledge about rings strength but i have one question that i would like the advice from you guys. :)

so i am 14 years old and have been training my azarian to maltese for a few weeks now, but it is a little bit low,it is slightly below the rings and i am really trying to get it up but it is giving me trouble, i am starting to think that maybe i should stop using my lats for my roll to maltese and start doing it a bit more yan mingyong style if you know what i mean rather than using zanettis technique? what do you guys think? here is a video of me training some rings strength from my youtube channel, tell me what you think about my azarian to maltese.keep in mind i am just 14 and im just trying this skill for the past 2-3 weeks :P

 

 

 

please give me some advise and thankyou!

B1214N

Sorry, I don't have any advice for you since I'm not a gymnast, but that looks pretty good. I heard from Brandon Wynn that squeezing the lats for Azarian maltese is much easier than without squeezing the lats.

Joshua Slocum

I'd take a look at that pike: you bend your hips all the way into the inverted hang, which makes it harder than it needs to be. If you extend your hips (e.g. straighten out your body), your legs will act as a cantilever that pulls your chest up as they fall down. 

 

Although, you should take my advice with a grain of salt, since you're further along than I am :)

Ryan Oehrlein

Thank you Joshua! I will try to keep my hips and body straight during the roll part of it next time I train it which will be tomorrow :)

Ryan Oehrlein

anybody else have anything?anybody? :)