This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unable to complete the prescribed reps

Started by richilincez, November 20, 2013 · 5 Replies · 211 Views

richilincez

Hello,

I am new here, I am doing F1+H1

If I cannot complete the prescribed reps in one exercise, should I go on in the cycle with the other exercises and repeat the week for the one where I failed?

If so, how should I manage the deload weeks and what would happen at the end of the cylce? I'd be one or more weeks "behind" with that exercise, and I wouldn't be able to finish the full cycle for it.

Thank you

R.

Joshua Slocum

Always keep your deload weeks in sync. No exceptions.

 

If you fail at one exercise, consider setting a lower target for the next week. E.g. if you fail at 4x48, you could shoot for 4x42 the next week. Try to do something harder than you were doing the previous minicycle but easier than what you're failing at. 

richilincez

ok. then on the third week (example I fail at 4x48 so I do 4x42 the second week) what shouls I do? try the standard reps as given on the program or scale those too?

Thank you

Joshua Slocum
richilincez said:

ok. then on the third week (example I fail at 4x48 so I do 4x42 the second week) what shouls I do? try the standard reps as given on the program or scale those too?

Thank you

Go for 4x48, or if you failed at 4x42 try it again. 

Destiny

If I'm consistently failing at the first micro cycle (at least 2 months now, maybe even 3), for FL PE2, do you recommend trying mastery for PE 1 again or should I just try a smaller jump?

 

3x12 is easy, 4x12 is easy, tried 5x12 it was easy. its 3x24 or 4x24 I stall at. If I tried a smaller jump I would do 3x18

Bipocni

Try 3x18 or 5x13, 5x14 ect...

 

Don't be afraid to break it down into smaller progressions.  Even if you think you'll be making slow progress, slow progress is better than no progress.