This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

order of exercises

Started by KenW, November 19, 2013 · 6 Replies · 201 Views

KenW

Are we able to change the order of the exercises within the cycles?  For example, RC then sPL then FL then HBP.  Are we able to mix and match?  For example, FL, RC, MN.

Keilani Gutierrez

if you're doing a split, keep the upper exercises on the upper days and the core/legs on lower days. 

 

if you want to change things up from(FL/sPL/HBP/RC) to (FL/sPL/RC/HBP) or whichever order you please, you can

Aaron
KeilaniG said:

if you're doing a split, keep the upper exercises on the upper days and the core/legs on lower days. 

 

if you want to change things up from(FL/sPL/HBP/RC) to (FL/sPL/RC/HBP) or whichever order you please, you can

Are the foundation 1 FL exercises NOT 'core' exercises? 

Keilani Gutierrez
Aaron said:

Are the foundation 1 FL exercises NOT 'core' exercises?

it is at this stage, eventually it'll involve more pulling type movements

you can look at it as "straight body strength" where as manna is "bent body strength" or compression. working them seperately won't wipe you out so much in one day (especially as you start moving to F2, it gets more demanding)

Aaron
KeilaniG said:

it is at this stage, eventually it'll involve more pulling type movements

you can look at it as "straight body strength" where as manna is "bent body strength" or compression. working them seperately won't wipe you out so much in one day (especially as you start moving to F2, it gets more demanding)

My point was that if we were to follow your suggestion of doing an upper and lower/core split, it would be sPL+HBP+RC for the upper day and FL+MN+SL+SLS for the lower/core day, at least for the earlier parts of the foundation series.

 

In all honestly, I don't think it matters at this stage. In the six and a half months I've been following this program, I've tried numerous different weekly program structures, in the hopes of finding what affords the best progress. I have found that it doesn't really matter how I split up the work. Perhaps others have different experiences, though.

ausswe

For me it really depends on which progression I'm on for example pe1 of spl back to back with hbp can be hard on the shoulders but pe2 spl and hbp is no problem. So things can be easier or harder depending on which progression of exercises I'm on. In saying that I stick to what coach has assigned us because why not? At first it is hard but in the end I just get stronger for it.

Keilani Gutierrez
Aaron said:

My point was that if we were to follow your suggestion of doing an upper and lower/core split, it would be sPL+HBP+RC for the upper day and FL+MN+SL+SLS for the lower/core day, at least for the earlier parts of the foundation series.

 

In all honestly, I don't think it matters at this stage. In the six and a half months I've been following this program, I've tried numerous different weekly program structures, in the hopes of finding what affords the best progress. I have found that it doesn't really matter how I split up the work. Perhaps others have different experiences, though.

it isn't just core/lower, etc, when you work FL it's straight body and manna is compression strength. usually, sPL, HBP & is challenging, but not enough to not do something core related, thats why i've left FL there. I haven't gone above and beyond the programming, because the layout as is, is enough for me right now