I found that holding my breath during the roll of the deck squat makes me run out of breath rather quickly, however forcing myself to breath during the roll, seems to make my tuck a bit more unstable. Is this instability something that will be resolved by continued practice, or should I hold my breath during the roll?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Breathing and Deck Squats
Started by Geoff, November 18, 2013 · 4 Replies · 170 Views
I never really thought about breathing during this exercise, but now that u mention it. I think I breathe in while on the ground and breathe out on the squat up. Not that It probably makes much of a difference either way. I think as long as u keep a good breathing pace you'll be okay. You're probably over thinking it and just need to get used to the exercise to become more stable overall.
Off topic, but i now close my jaw due to a bad knock on the way down a week or so ago. I don't breath during the roll. Its funny in the video the athlete looks so calm but when im done im breathing and sweating like i just sprinted.
Due to the nature of the rolling movement, an exhale during the roll is most natural.
Thanks for the tip! I think this is what I was doing first. I suppose that I need a lot of endurance work then.