This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FLPE2: Bent Hollow Body Rocks

Started by twan, November 16, 2013 · 5 Replies · 336 Views

twan

HI everyone,

 

I have a weird feeling in my lower back when doing this exercise. During the end of my sets I start to feel it in my lower back. What do you guys think would be the reason, since I don't think you're supposed to feel it in your back ?

 

Lack of flexibility maybe ?

twan

Sorry it's the middle to lower part of the back

Vincearoo

Video?

Is the roll smooth? Maybe there's a slight arch in your back.

Adriano Augusto

Same opinion as Vicearoo. Maybe you arch a little and you don't know. Record yourself and we can see better. 

Kage

Maybe your psoas is cramping up, it is one of the hip flexors and used during exercises such as leg lifts etc when the hip is flexed towards the abdomen. It attaches to the spine and could cause discomfort in the back if it is too weak for what you are subjecting it too. I.e. you are not rounded in your back anymore but become more arched etc as you get exhausted. You are losing your hollow.
In short: your abs are too weak, bro.

Kage

;) Which is good.... cause it will improve as you get stronger. Maybe drop down a few weeks if it is a problem.